UNLV Hotel College Academic Building, Las Vegas, NV
TMCx Solutions, LLC was contracted by State of Nevada to provide LEED Enhanced commissioning for the UNLV Hotel College Academic Bldg project. This project is a 96,523 square foot 4-story space located at 1830 E. Sahara Ave. The project is located in the Cnetral portion of the UNLV Campus. It shares a strong relationship with the entry to the Lied Library.
Scope of Work:
This project was Commissioned for Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning for LEED Certification. Project was designed to LEED Silver.
- Chilled Water System
- Heating Water System
- Air Handling System
- Ventilation System
- Terminal Units
- Plumbing Units
- Owner: NV State Public Works
- Project Size: 96,523 sq. ft..
- Construction Cost: $33.2M
- GC: McCarthy Building Construction
- Year of Completion: 2018
Challenges and Successes
- ISSUE: hen we failed CT-1 fan 2 VFD failed CT-2 started ok, but CT-1 was allowed to continue to run with CT-2 operating and one condenser water pumps. CT-1 should have been disabled and only CT-2 should have been running. CWS temperature rose to 85 deg F where 75 deg F SP was called for. CT-1 VFD-1 failed and both tower valves were allowed to remain OPEN.
RESOLUTION: Honeywell re-programmed system fail over SOO so that tower valves close when system is disabled.
- ISSUE: Ahu-1 thru 4 Supply fan wall and relief fan wall current sensors may need to be relocated for better individual fan status/alarm, may need to be relocated due to close proximity for each other.
RESOLUTION: Ahu-1 thru 4 Supply fan wall and relief fan wall current sensors have been relocated for better individual fan status reporting.NV State Public Works