Circa Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
Circa Resort and Casino is a 6 level Podium, 32 level Tower, 12 level Garage project located in Downtown Las Vegas. Rooted in the neon glow of the past, Circa celebrates living large in the now, and keeping their eyes wide open to the future.
Scope of Work:
Green Globes and IECC 2018 Commissioning. In addition to the Green Globes required MEP Commissioning, TMCx Solutions also provided the MQAA required Smoke Control testing, B.E.S.T. Training and Monitor Based Commissioning.
- Owner: Circa Resorts LLC
- Project Size: 2,022,945 sq. ft.
- Construction Cost: $264M
- GC: McCarthy Building Companies
- Year of Completion: 2020
- Chilled water systems
- Heating water system
- Air handling units
- Ventilation systems
- Terminal units
- Plumbing systems
- Electrical units
- MQAA Smoke Control
- Monitor Based Commissioning
Challenges and Successes:
- Issue: The CHW Differential Pressure Control sequence does not include programming for flow control reset based upon demand to comply with IECC Part Load Control requirements C403.4.3.4.Please update the sequence accordingly.
- Resolution: Issue addressed per EOR response “The system is capable of reducing pump flow utilizing speed control at the pumps per subscript 2. The code allows either temperature reset or variable pumping.”
- Benefit: Revised sequence of operations complies with IECC Part Load Control requirements C403.4.3.4, based on test and balance pump differential pressure control set point, which will reduce pump energy in low load condition and lower energy cost to the owner.
- Issue: TMCx witnessed that the Boilers were not fully functional and were operating in a manual mode via the local controller.
- Resolution: TMCx will check to see if the boilers are actually running in auto they appear to still be running in a manual mode. TMCx verified that the Boilers were operating per design cascade loop control with Steve from Mechanical Products and Eric from Schneider Electric.
- Benefit: Confirming operation of the cascade loop for boiler sequencer will allow Boilers to maintain equal run time operation and maintain heating water set points at the system level without disturbing limited schedule by Engineering Staff.