CCSD Rex Bell Elementary School, Las Vegas NV
TMCx Solutions, LLC was contracted by Clark County School District to provide Construction Phase commissioning for the CCSD Bell Elementary School replacement project. This project is a 107,253 square foot 2-story space located at 2900 Wilmington Way, Las Vegas, NV 89102. It is designed to accommodate 850 students with 53 classrooms.
Scope of Work:
TMCx provided Fundamental Commissioning services for the construction phase. We conducted functional testing and pre-functional test verifications of Fluid Cooler System, Heating System, Air Handling System, Ventilation, Terminal Units, Plumbing, Electrical. In addition, we witnessed major equipment start-ups; assisted with test and balance report verification; and organized and developed project documentation as required to document the Commissioning process. TMCx provided ongoing commissioning of the systems using Automatic Fault Detection and Diagnostics software
- Owner: Clark County School District
- Project Size: 107,250 sq. ft.
- Construction Cost: $33M
- GC: Martin Harris Contracting
- Year of Completion: 2017
- Fluid Cooler System – Fluid Cooler, Loop Water Pump
- Heating System – Boiler, Injection Heating Water Pump
- Air Handling System – Roof Top Unit, Outside Air Unit, AC Unit
- Ventilation – Exhaust Fan, Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- Terminal Units – Air Conditioning Unit, Heat Pump – Watersource
Challenges and Successes
- Issue: Initially the mechanical piping in the mechanical room, mechanical yard and piping of the watersource heat pumps were missing the labelling Resolution: The mechanical contractor completed the pipe labelling per the specifications.
- Issue: There was an issue with the BACNET connection from the boilers to the BAS system which caused communication problem and initially the boiler could not be monitored on BAS. Resolution: The controls contractor worked with the vendor until the communication issues were resolved.