This Senior Engineer Position must have a Mechanical Emphasis and is responsible for the application of engineering practices to the commissioning process used by TestMarcx for projects for new and existing building commissioning, building optimization, energy, HVAC design, building automation, and forensic engineering. This includes assisting other Commissioning Engineers & Project Managers in implementing strong engineering practices in the functional commissioning processes. This position works with a team and is mentored by the VP of Commissioning Operations, Principals and the CEO, and in turn mentors the Commissioning Engineers, Project Managers and Commissioning Specialists in engineering requirements of the commissioning process. This position emphasizes, but is not limited to engineering work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, and building automation systems.
· Provide commissioning focused design reviews of mechanical systems.
· Provide investigative support for commissioning, energy and design projects requiring engineered HVAC solutions. Aid in identifying construction and design issues and resolutions.
· Provide HVAC design engineering and energy studies.
· Participate in the drafting of commissioning plans, pre-functional test checklists, functional test procedures, final commissioning reports and systems manuals.
· Assist the Project Manager in creating project schedules, specification & system descriptions, problem solving, and conducting commissioning meetings.
· Assist the Project Manager in coordination with the Owner, Architect, Other Consultants, Owner's Representative, Construction Manager, General Contractor, and other subcontractors.
· Update progress reports & issues resolution logs; provide a daily log of activities, provide and maintain other data logs as requested. Accurately record all information.
· Participate and assist in the execution of equipment start-up, pre-functional testing, functional testing, and commissioning completion phases of a project.
· Conduct periodic on-site observations of the installation in progress.
· Understand and participate in the USGBC LEED program
· Participate in internal and external training programs.
· Participate in the company mentoring program.
· Provide consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
· BS degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technologies.
· Professional Engineering License in the ME field with reciprocity in multiple states.
· 5- 10 years engineering experience.
· A strategic thinker with the ability to move and act at the operational and tactical levels when required.
· A resilient problem solver willing to explore options outside the standard box.
· Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding organizational capabilities.
· Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as work independently as a self starter with minimal supervision.
· Ability and willingness to travel.